Inspired by Norwegian nature since 1941
Fjords has designed and manufactured furniture for over 70 years. Two brothers Otto and at Mindor Hjellegjerde started it all in the fjord village Sykkylven in Norway. In 1946, the third brother, Ingvar, joined the business. With a fierce dedication and great skill, the three brothers managed to build a business that has become one of the largest furniture companies in Norway. From a small family business in a basement to a company now spread over four continents.
Proper care and periodic maintenance is recommended to ensure that your furniture stays in the best condition for years to come. Here are a few tips Fjords offers to help you enjoy your real leather upholstery for the maximum amount of time.
- Make sure the room’s humidity is at a normal level.
- Take care of your furniture by placing it away from heat sources and do not expose it to direct sunlight.
- Regular vacuum cleaning with a soft brush attachment is recommended.
- Visible screws and bolts benefit from being checked regularly and tightened (if necessary) shortly after purchase.
- We recommend felt knobs to be ﬁtted underneath the legs or bases if the furniture is to be placed on a wooden surface or parquet ﬂoor.
- Water soluble stains can be removed by using lukewarm, distilled water together with a mild soap– Do not rub! It is also not recommended you use any detergents.
If necessary, contact your Fjords dealer for help with removing difficult stains.